Monday, February 19, 2018

Counting Down?

Hello!

I am having a wonderful divinely-inspired weekend!

Before I left work on Thursday I received a text from a dear friend telling me that she had dropped something off on my front door handle. As soon as I arrived home I ran to the front door, and I discovered this beautiful gift bag hanging on my front door. Isn’t the bag gorgeous? It’s made of a nice sturdy plastic that can be used again and again. The bag itself was a gift!



I brought the bag inside, removed the paper, and to my delight found this!


I am retiring this June from 29 years of teaching. Thursday was the 100th day of school, and since there are 180 days in the school year, I only have 80 more days to go! My dear friend Liz made me this countdown jar. She filled it with 80 pieces of chocolate. There was a letter in the bag in which she wrote, “Hope you enjoy having one chocolate each day at the end of each remaining school day as you see the days and chocolates dwindle down!” How fun! I am eager to get back to work on Tuesday so I can start eating my chocolate!
Isn’t this a great idea? Think of all the countdowns for which you could create a chocolate countdown jar! A wedding, a big birthday, a long anticipated vacation, …  Such a fun gift to receive and give! Divine Inspiration is everywhere! I know just the person for whom I will create a chocolate countdown jar! I will be sure to post all about it.

Joyfully,
Terry 🎔

No comments:

Post a Comment