Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pink Saturday, December 10

Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you, Beverly @ www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Last week I visited http://minepinkcurt.blogspot.com/. The talented creator of this beautiful blog had a picture of the most delicious looking pink snowflake cookies. I wanted to make a cup of tea and have one.
This week I want to share some beautiful pink glass beads.
DSC00760
These beads belonged to my mom.
DSC00761
Along with these beads. They were strung on old fashioned string and my mom hung them on her silver Christmas tree. Mom passed away in 1967 and these beads were put in a box and forgotten about. I came across them several years ago. I unstrung  them and began to make ornaments for my siblings with them. When my brother opened his box he looked at the ornaments and said to his wife, "These are my mother's beads."
DSC00765
This year I am creating a wreath for one of my sisters.
DSC00762
I was in Michaels yesterday looking for some embellishments when I came upon some very pretty Christmas beads. I was blessed with inspiration to use some of my mother’s glass beads on my sister’s wreath. I am going to string them and then weave them into the wreath. I will post a picture when it is done.
Happy Pink Saturday Holidays!
Love,
Terry

5 comments:

  1. Hello Terry,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment and following my blog! I want to follow you in return, but unfortunately right now Blogger isn't allowing me to sign up! I'll try again later. I love what you're doing with your Mom's Christmas beads. That's so special!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just read your message on my give-away post! We were posting on each other's blogs at the same time! lol Yes, since I wrote that, my followers now number 167!! So happy to meet you. Does your sister like living in England? I want to visit there so badly!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading about your mom's beads...so nice to have the memories of our families, especially at this time of year. I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Season's Greetings. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower, found you from Debbi Do's linky party. Love your wreath, it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty beads. Do post the picture of the finished wreath when you’ve completed it.

    ReplyDelete