Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vogue Knitting Live!!!

 

Yesterday I went into NYC with my friend Tammy to attend Vogue Knitting Live! We drove to Weehawken and took the ferry across the river.

DSC01457

I love taking the ferry! 

Then we had a short bus ride.  And we were there!

Two floors of the Marriott Marquis filled with yarn, yarn and more yarn. Heaven on Earth! Open-mouthed smile

Although I checked out EVERYTHING,  I went to find PINK yarn for Vicki’s from http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-pink-scarf-project-opportunity-and_8.html Pink Scarf Project.

DSC01817

This is what I bought! Can you see the sparkles? It is Bamboo and Organic Cotton. It is soft and sparkly. I bought it from the http://www.newtons.com/ booth. They came all the way from Anaheim, California. They do not sell this gorgeous yarn on their website. It can only be purchased at shows. If they are coming to a show near you, I recommend a visit to their booth. Not only is their yarn beautiful, but the prices were very fair.

So now I need to find a scarf pattern for this beautiful yarn. Any suggestions?

I promise to post a photo of the scarf when it is complete.

Thank you, Beverly, http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/, for hosting the Pink Saturday blog party!

With love,                                                                                               

Terry Coffee cup

3 comments:

  1. I really would have liked to be there,too.Wonderful yarn.
    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I see the sparkle! I love sparkle and the yarn is gorgeous. Sure sounds like a fun thing to do. Cant' wait to see the scarf.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete