Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, pleasant and valued.
I am abundantly honored! Susan Barclay from http://notesfrominnisfree.blogspot.com/ blessed my blog with this honor. Thank you, Susan! You can read her Liebster blog post here: http://notesfrominnisfree.blogspot.com/2013/06/lalalalalala-liebster.html
This award has a purpose. I understand that it is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers with the purpose of recognizing their blog and encouraging them to continue blogging. Thank you, Susan!
"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." -2 Chronicles 15:7
In acceptance of this award I am to:
1. Give 11 random facts about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions Susan Barclay asked me.
3. Nominate 11 people for this award.
4. Make up 11 original questions for my nominees to answer about themselves.
Okay, here we go!
Eleven random facts about myself: (in no particular order)
1. I love New York City and Barry Manilow! Put the two together and I am in heaven!
2. I ran the New York Marathon with my daughter Shannon for my 50th birthday.
(That would be 5 years ago.)
3. I love cats. I have always had cats. I have two cats now. I will always have cats. Yes, catS, I like have two -- only two, I am not a crazy cat lady. The photo is of our cats now - Dory and Bernie.
4. I love M&Ms! There is a M&M World in New York City! Heaven!
These tubes are filled with M&Ms!!!!
5. I like to be home. There is no where in this world I would rather be than Home Sweet Home.
6. I dream of owning a Yarn Studio. I love to knit, crochet and needle felt. I dream of owning a studio where people of all ages can come to knit, crochet and needle felt and make handmade items for charity. There are so many wonderful knitting charities out there. I dream of having a place where people can come together to create for these charities. A place where we can pack all these items up in beautiful packaging with notes of love and caring to the recipients. A place filled with joy and love and generous hearts.
7. I love coffee and all things coffee. Coffee candy, coffee ice cream, coffee frosting, hot coffee, iced coffee. I think you get the idea!
8. I won't kill a spider. Yep, not even that huge one in the photo that I took in my garage. I see every spider as Charlotte.
9. I could sit in my green chair all day reading and blogging. My sister Helen gave me this chair. It is the most comfortable seat in the house. It lives in my studio. I spend hours in it reading, writing, and yes, of course, napping. It's a great napping chair.
That is when these two aren't on it. Can you see her little black body curled up in the chair?
10. I love to knit in the car. I know, the photo below is not exactly the car. The photo is of my sister Ann's terrace in Florida. We drove, well actually my husband did the driving, to Florida last April. See that little bundle of pink something on the table? That is the scarf I knit all the way down to Florida and home. Gary, my husband, likes it when I knit - I don't make any comments about his driving when I am knitting - or gasping out of panic. The pink scarf is for Vicki's Pink Scarf Project. You can read more about that here:
11. My husband and I will celebrate 32 years of marriage this month.
Oh, yes, another fact about me - we have quadruplets.
I adore my husband and my children!
My answers to Susan's 11 questions:
1. What motto do you live by? Kindness Counts
2. What's your day job? I am a special education teacher in an elementary school.
3. What's your favorite movie? Sabrina
4. If you could have dinner with any living person, who would it be? Susan Branch! If you don't know who Susan Branch is check out her blog here: http://www.susanbranch.com/
5. Savory or Sweet? Definitely sweet!
6. What's your favorite book and/or who's your favorite author? Since I am a teacher I feel compelled to include my favorite children's book/author also. My favorite children's book, and everyone who knows me is yelling out, Charlotte's Web! This past school year I read a book titled A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole to my fourth grade students. We all loved this book! It won't replace Charlotte's Web but it's a close second. My favorite adult book is, oh this is hard, I love so many, but since I have to choose just one - Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I choose Simple Abundance because that book changed my life from a life of "My cup is half empty," to a life of "My cup is half full! Thank You, God!" My favorite author, however, is Debbie Macomber.
7. Any regrets? Only that I didn't learn to be grateful earlier in my life.
8. How long have you known your best friend? 38 years. My best friend is my husband, Gary.
9. If you could wave a magic wand and solve one world issue, which problem would you choose to address? Child abuse. I believe every child deserves to feel safe and loved.
10. Have you ever had surgery? Yes.
11. What's your favorite charity? Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
The eleven blogs I am nominating:
1. Laverne at http://riversidestudios.blogspot.com/
2. harleygirl at http://harleygirl-countrygirl.blogspot.com/
3. Pat at http://backporchmusings.typepad.com/blog/
4. Jeanne at http://backyardneighbor.typepad.com/backyard_neighbor/
6. Racheld at http://lawntea.blogspot.com/
7. The Thrifter Sisters at http://pyrexthriftersisters.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-few-treasures.html
8. Nicole at http://180degrees4singlemoms.blogspot.com/
9. D. Jean at http://djeanquarles.blogspot.com/
10. Terri at http://terrimorse.typepad.com/comfortcottage/
11. Valrie at http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com/
My eleven questions for the nominees:
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
2. What is the last thing you do at night?
3. Do you have children?
4. What do you love to do?
5. Where do you love to be?
6. Do you like to drive?
7. What is your biggest dream?
8. What is your favorite animal?
9. What is your favorite type of food?
10. Are you a morning dove or a night owl?
11. Why do you blog?