Monday, February 28, 2011

Relieved from Duty

After I finished the scarf for New Jersey's special olympics I saw on facebook that there were several other states in need of scarves. I scanned through the list for the state whose "must receive by" date was the latest. I discovered that was Alaska, giving me about a month to knit a scarf. Thinking that was plenty of time, I pledged to knit one scarf, printed a pattern and started to knit. I did knit - every night, but with four days to go until the scarf needed to be mailed I found myself about eighteen inches short. I began to visualize myself knitting while I was just about doing everything else, as well as knitting late into the night. My husband commented, "I didn't know that knitting could be so stressful." Sunday, during a knitting break, I went onto facebook and discovered a post that said that Alaska had received more scarves than it needed. I felt as if the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders. I am truly thankful for all the wonderful knitters who were able to get their scarves completed and sent on time. You know, those amazing people who are able to manage their time so incredibly well. As a knitter I really want to knit for charity, but I am finding it difficult when there is a deadline. I think I have all this time, but in reality it never quite seems to be enough time. That seems to be the case for many others things in my life. Time - I always seem to be fighting time. I felt that God said, "Your intentions were good, and that was all I needed. You are relieved of your promise." Thank You, God. Now for the Knit 1, Bless 2 blanket I pledged to complete by May 31 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment