Saturday, February 9, 2013

Have You Heard of Lungleavin Day?

 

Mesothelioma, I don’t know much about Mesothelioma. Thankfully, I only know one person who was diagnosed with this disease.

 

The other day I received an email from a 44 year old mother who told me her story about being diagnosed with Mesothelioma.

 

The person I knew did not beat this disease. Red heart

 

Heather Von St. James, the mother I received the email from, did! She beat it! She conquered it! She is cancer free! Yay!!!! SmileSmileSmileSmile

 

THANK YOU, GOD!!!! 

 

Heather sent me the email below, and asked me to provide a link to her article about Lungleavin Day that she posted on the blog at http://www.mesothelioma.com/.

 

I don’t know Heather. I don’t know anyone who knows Heather. I asked myself why God was asking me to help Heather.

 

Here’s my answer:

Remember this photo?

That’s my mom and me. I was 7, she was 45. She had cancer in this photo. She didn’t beat it. She didn’t conquer it. She is not a survivor. No little girl should have to grow up without her mom.

 

Heather has a little girl named Lily. Lillian was my mom’s name. Lily was 3 and 1/2 months when Heather got sick. Lily is 7 now - - - she still has her mom. She is a lucky little girl. Smile

 

Heather has chosen to take her experience and use it to help others. I believe strongly in that. I took my experience and used it to help other children who lost a parent by volunteering with http://www.rainbows.org/.

 

BUT this post isn’t about me. It is about Heather.

 

Please read Heather’s email to me below, and if your heart leads you, click the link to her article.

 

Lungleavin Day is over. Heather is NOT looking for money. She just wants to spread the word about her successful recovery and this special day she created to help others.

 

If your heart leads you, perhaps you will write a post about Heather and spread her word.

 

Thank you,

Terry Coffee cup

 

Hi!

I came across your blog and really love how thoughtful and inspirational your posts are. I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily. She is my only child and I couldn't imagine my world without her. When Lily was just 3 ½ months old, I was diagnosed with Mesothelioma; a rare type of cancer caused by asbestos exposure, which kills 90-95% of those who have it. After intense treatment and a long recovery, almost 7 years later I'm still here and cancer free! My journey through cancer was quite a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my struggles and obstacles into inspiration and hope for others. One of many things that came out of my battle with cancer is a holiday I created called Lungleavin Day. This is the anniversary of my surgery (Feb 2nd) in which my entire left lung was removed. Lungleavin Day is a celebration of life and facing your fears. Each year we celebrate with nearly 100 loved ones. The idea of this day is for everyone to fill a blank plate with their fears and smash it into a bonfire at my Lungleavin day party, symbolizing people throwing their fears to the fire. I also use Lungleavin day as a fundraiser for mesothelioma research.

I am contacting you because I feel that your blog would be an excellent place to help get the word out about Lungleavin’ day! I recently wrote on my blog reflecting on this years holiday and what a success it was! Would you be willing to link to this article? I would love if you’d be willing to write a little bit about inspiration and then give a shout out to Lungleavin day! Here is the link to the article: www(dot)mesothelioma.com/blog/authors/heather/lungleavin-day-2013-generosity-abound.htm. Please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment